Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything’s possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.
Happy birthday, Marie Lu! The young adult author of the Legend series has a “special love” for dystopian fiction, which may or may not have something to do with her being born in the year 1984.
Make Trumpcare Mandatory for Congress
I usually don’t publish my thoughts on politics, forgive the intrusion but this is something that will be a travesty to the American people
If Republican legislators are going to introduce massive, structural change into the health care sector, it is only fair that they should personally experience the effects of this change. Direct empirical experience of the law will be the best test of its proclaimed benefits.
We should let Congress enjoy the same quality of insurance that will be available to Americans on the self-insured market.
That’s why I started a petition to end taxpayer subsidies for Congress’s health care and to make Trumpcare mandatory for members of Congress, their staffs, and their respective families if they vote to pass Trumpcare.
That’s why I signed a petition to The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate.
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
Petition by Peggy McInery
Here’s a great list for overused words!
- Little- small, insufficient, minute, tiny, meagre, slight, mini, petite, brief, limited 💡
- Pretty- attractive, beautiful, cute, elegant, good-looking, lovely, pleasant, handsome (for a male)
- Saw- glimpsed, spied, gazed, looked, watched, observed, glanced 🙄
- Comfortable- appropriate, complacent, convenient, cozy, easy, loose, pleasant, relaxed, useful, snug
- Nice- likeable, agreeable, lovely, friendly, kind, thoughtful, decent 🙂
- Interesting- engaging, exotic, fascinating, impressive, intriguing, stimulating, unusual, striking, lovely, compelling 😯
And More Overused English Words
- Good- fine, excellent, great, marvelous, wonderful, satisfying, terrific, delightful 😀
- Said- told, responded, stated, remarked, commented, replied, exclaimed, mentioned
- Awesome- amazing, alarming, astonishing, awful, awe-inspiring, dreadful, breathtaking, imposing, impressive, magnificent, wonderful 😛
- Like- love, prefer, appreciate, fancy, enjoy, favour, want, adore 😉
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
In the beloved French novella The Little Prince, a pilot who has crashed in the desert encounters a young prince visiting Earth from his home asteroid. The premise was inspired by author Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s (born June 29, 1900) own desert crash. After three days without water, he was saved by a passing Bedouin.
I want to understand you,
I study your obscure language.
Russian poet Alexander Pushkin (born June 6, 1799) was part of the country’s literati from age 15. By 26, he had begun publishing the serialization of Eugene Onegin, his novel in verse. By 37, he was dead, killed in one of the 29 duels that he fought in his short life.
“Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
This quote is from Marco @ http://www.authenticgermanlearning.com/
Definitely check out his website and YouTube channel!
In secret we met
In silence I grieve,
That thy heart could forget,
Thy spirit deceive.
George Gordon Byron
May 17, 1824: Before dying in Greece, Lord Byron entrusted a friend with his memoirs. Other friends, worried that the memoirs would be scandalous, fought to destroy the manuscript—190 years ago today, they succeeded, tearing it up and burning it in the office of Byron’s publisher.