It is ‘where we are’ that should make all the difference, whether we believe we belong there or not.
After working on Wall Street for a year, Korean American novelist Chang-Rae Lee (born July 29, 1965) went back to school to get a masters degree in writing. Upon graduating, he turned his thesis into his first novel, the award-winning Native Speaker.
Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything’s possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.
Happy birthday, Marie Lu! The young adult author of the Legend series has a “special love” for dystopian fiction, which may or may not have something to do with her being born in the year 1984.
Make Trumpcare Mandatory for Congress
I usually don’t publish my thoughts on politics, forgive the intrusion but this is something that will be a travesty to the American people
If Republican legislators are going to introduce massive, structural change into the health care sector, it is only fair that they should personally experience the effects of this change. Direct empirical experience of the law will be the best test of its proclaimed benefits.
We should let Congress enjoy the same quality of insurance that will be available to Americans on the self-insured market.
That’s why I started a petition to end taxpayer subsidies for Congress’s health care and to make Trumpcare mandatory for members of Congress, their staffs, and their respective families if they vote to pass Trumpcare.
That’s why I signed a petition to The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate.
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
Petition by Peggy McInery
Here’s a great list for overused words!
- Little- small, insufficient, minute, tiny, meagre, slight, mini, petite, brief, limited 💡
- Pretty- attractive, beautiful, cute, elegant, good-looking, lovely, pleasant, handsome (for a male)
- Saw- glimpsed, spied, gazed, looked, watched, observed, glanced 🙄
- Comfortable- appropriate, complacent, convenient, cozy, easy, loose, pleasant, relaxed, useful, snug
- Nice- likeable, agreeable, lovely, friendly, kind, thoughtful, decent 🙂
- Interesting- engaging, exotic, fascinating, impressive, intriguing, stimulating, unusual, striking, lovely, compelling 😯
And More Overused English Words
- Good- fine, excellent, great, marvelous, wonderful, satisfying, terrific, delightful 😀
- Said- told, responded, stated, remarked, commented, replied, exclaimed, mentioned
- Awesome- amazing, alarming, astonishing, awful, awe-inspiring, dreadful, breathtaking, imposing, impressive, magnificent, wonderful 😛
- Like- love, prefer, appreciate, fancy, enjoy, favour, want, adore 😉